Win FREE CASH with B95’s High-Low Game!
“THE B95 HIGH-LOW GAME” OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
***NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN***
***NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING***
WBBN-FM (“Station”), and parent company Blakeney Communications (“Company”), will conduct “The B95 High-Low Game” (“Contest”), substantially described hereafter within these rules. By taking part in Contest, each participant agrees to the following rules, regulations, and guidelines.
DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST PARTICIPATION
1. DATES OF CONTEST: “The B95 High-Low Game” Contest will run from Monday, April 1, 2019 for four weeks (Monday through Friday Only). The contest, may, at the discretion of B95 and Blakeney Communications, be extended to Friday, May 31, 2019. The Contest may be discontinued at any time without notice at the discretion of B95 and Blakeney Communications prior to these dates.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Station listeners my participate in the contest by being the designated caller at or around 9:10 AM, 11:30 AM, 3:10 PM and 5:10 PM or at any other times the station announces the cue to call and which designated caller will be allowed to guess the amount in the B95 High Low Cash Jackpot at (601) 545-9595 or (601) 649-9595. B95 may, at its discretion, take subsequent additional random-selected callers after the designated caller in any contest rounds to accurate the contest. Each contestant who is the designated caller or a subsequently random-selected caller (at station discretion) after the designated caller will receive (1) guess in the Contest . If the designated caller contestant or subsequently designated random-selected caller contestant successfully guesses the predetermined dollar amount of the active prize for that Round (in $1 increments from $200 to $2000), that person will win that amount, subject to adherence to the Official Rules. If he/she does not correctly guess the exact dollar amount of the current active prize, the DJ/on-air host will tell him/her whether their guess is “TOO HIGH” or “TO LOW” or whether the actual active amount is higher or low than the guess. One incorrect guess by a contestant ends his/her participation in that Round. Contestants who have not yet one a cash prize in the High Low Contest may pay play/enter as often as they like; however, winning a cash prize in the B95 High Low Contest counts as a Major or Grand Prize and disqualifies the winner for winning again in that calendar months or winning any additional Major or Grand Prize during the calendar year on any of the Blakeney Communications family of radio stations.
3. HOW TO PLAY: Each weekday, Station will solicit for listeners to participate as contestants in Contest by calling 601-545-9595 or 601-649-9595. Each contestant will then receive one (1) guess in Contest, based on the order in which his/her call was received. If the contestant successfully guesses the pre-determined dollar amount of the active prize for that Round (in $1 increments between $200 and $2000) that person will win that amount, subject to adherence to these official rules. If he/she does not correctly guess the actual dollar amount of the current active prize, the on-air host(s) will tell him/her whether the actual amount is higher or lower. One (1) incorrect guess by a contestant will end his/her participation for that Round, with subsequent contestants thereafter then being offered the chance to guess in a likewise manner. Each Round will consist of accepting no more than five (5) total callers, and will continue until such time as all callers for that Round have guessed incorrectly or until the exact amount of the active prize is correctly guessed. Station may break during any Contest Round to solicit for additional contestants. Contestants who do not win a prize may play/enter as often as they wish.
4. PRIZES: Contest prizes are classified as Major/Grand Prizes, and shall be awarded only on weekdays (Monday-Friday), and at the discretion of Station and its staff. Only one (1) Contest prize, of no less than $200.00 and no more than $2000.00, shall be awarded per day. Amount of each individual Contest prize shall be pre-determined by Company prior to the start of each Contest Round. Prizes, as provided by Company, are non-transferable and no substitutions will be permitted. All prizes must be redeemed from Company Business Office (see Section 20). Each winner must execute and return any/all required affidavit(s) of eligibility, liability, and/or public release within ten (10) business days of being notified, or his/her prize will be forfeited. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize, with either choice being completely at Company’s sole discretion. All prizes and/or prize certificates must be claimed in-person by their individual winners upon verification of eligibility, with the winner assuming the risk of the prize’s loss. Company is not responsible for the safe arrival of any prize or prize certificate, but may issue another check (minus previous check’s cancellation fee) if the prize check is cancellable and Company is notified by winner within 30 days of having not received their prize.
5. All contestants must be legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and DC who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees of Station, Company, or Company affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional partners, participating sponsors, or other radio stations within the B95 listening area, as well as any member of the aforementioned entities’ immediate families, are ineligible to participate in and/or win Contest. “Immediate family” shall include spouse, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and/or any other person residing within the same household.
6. No more than one (1) Contest winner per household will be allowed per calendar month. No more than one (1) “Major Prize” may be won per person per calendar year. Any participating listener who may have won a Contest prize at any time throughout the duration of Contest shall no longer be eligible to participate for the remainder of Contest.
7. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
8. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes in conjunction with said prize(s). Any additional cost incurred, related to each prize as a result of accepting said prize, is/are the sole the responsibility of the winner. Any winner taking receipt of any prize valued at $600.00 or more is required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9, to include the winner’s full Social Security Number or equivalent. All winners whose Contest prize is or exceeds $600.00 shall receive a 1099 IRS Tax form for the value of the prize(s) won, as stated in these contest rules.
10. Company reserves the right to amend Contest rules at any time. All decisions of Company are final.
11. Company is not responsible for any lost, disconnected, dropped, misdirected or incomplete telephone calls. Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests, Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or telephone related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in Contest.
12. Re-sale or auction of any complimentary prize(s) provided by Station and/or Company shall result in disqualification of the person(s) in question for all future Station and Company contests or promotions.
13. Company is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of Contest or in the announcement of any prize.
14. By participating in Contest and/or accepting a prize, each winner releases Station, Company, and affiliates, agents, employees, officers, shareholders, suppliers and retailers, as well as their advertising, contest and production companies and agencies, from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damage, personal injury and/or death, arising out of playing Contest or the acceptance, ownership or use of prizes. In order to receive any prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by Company.
15. By participating in Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company and its personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means (i.e. “inside information,” spamming, etc.) will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning Contest rules and Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Company, Company reserves the right to terminate Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. Company further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized interventions or technical failures of any sort. All decisions will be made by Company and are final. Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
16. Company reserves the right to change or discontinue the contest at any time and/or to extend the end date. If Contest is changed or discontinued, Company assumes no liability of any kind to any player who has participated in the contest. Any changes to Contest rules will be announced on Station and posted on Station’s website (www.b95country.com) within a reasonable amount of time prior to taking effect. Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify Contest rules and dates at any time for any reason. Material modifications shall be announced on-air, when practical. By participating in Contest, you agree to be bound by these Contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by Company management. If, due to circumstances beyond the control of Company, any event associated with Contest or related prizes is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled, Company reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel or modify Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
17. These rules are in addition to, and complement, any rules stated and/or posted that govern Station contests. In the event of any discrepancy between these Contest rules and Company’s General Contest Rules, as posted or otherwise disseminated, these Contest rules shall supersede.
18. The rules, rights, or regulations set forth by Station for its contests shall apply to any Station contest winner, including, but not limited to, any winner of the “High-Low Game” Contest, and may be subject to change without notice. Station contest rules are viewable at www.b95country.com. A full winners list will be posted online when complete.
19. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
20. Contest presented by Blakeney Communications, 4580 Highway 15 N, Laurel, MS 39443. Presenter Phone Number: 601-649-0095.
Download the B95 Country app!
P. O. Box 6408, Laurel, MS 39441
P. O. Box 16596, Hattiesburg, MS 39404
Phone 601-649-0095 Fax 601-649-8199
Phone 601-544-0095 Fax 601-545-8199
Contest Lines: 601-649-9595 601-545-9595
Shipping address: 4580 Hwy. 15 N. Laurel, MS 39443
Locally owned and operated by Blakeney Communications, Inc.
Questions or comments about this website: firstname.lastname@example.org